Tenleytown Homes for Sale
Tenleytown is a neighborhood located in Northwest Washington DC. It’s centered around Tenley Circle at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue, Nebraska Avenue and Yuma Street, and the Tenleytown/AU Park Metro Station at the intersection of Wisconsin Avenue and Albermarle Street. Tenleytown includes Fort Reno Park, a former Civil War-era fort chosen because of its high elevation in DC.
As the name says, the Tenleytown/AU Metro is the closest metro to American University. A free shuttle runs between the school’s main campus and the metro.
The DC Public Schools assigned to Tenleytown and AU Park Residents include:
- The Janney Elementary School (rated 10 out of 10)
- Alice Deal Middle School (rated 9 out of 10)
- Woodrow Wilson High School (rated 8 out of 10)
There are several other schools near the Tenleytown area, including:
- Communikids . (see my blog about them)
- Georgetown Day School
- National Presbyterian School
- Sidwell Friends School
- St. Alban’s School
A locally organized group of Tenleytown business owners called Tenleytown Main Street, organizes events for residents through the year, including Tenleytown Earth Day, Make Music Day, Art All Night, and Tenley WinterFest.
Need conference, meeting, or community space? Rent The BOLD Center, Your go-to meeting space. Located at 4000 Chesapeake Street NW, Washington DC 20016
Local Coffee Shops include
- Coffee Nature (see my blog about them) – 4224 Fessenden St NW
- Bourbon Coffee – 4200 Wisconsin Avenue NW
- Dunkin Donuts – 4530 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016
- Starbucks – 4513 Wisconsin Avenue NW